Sunday, January 5, 2014

Perry Burgundian Handgunners, Some Appliances, and First Flames of War Game

Welcome,

Today I've got a small unit of plastic Perry Burgundian handgunners painted.  I've based them singly but will magnetize their bases for games requiring larger bases.  60 more points for the Not Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge.

front view



another frontal  view

Here's what they'll probably look like on the battlefield, running away

Here's a little bit of junky homemade post-apocalyptic furniture and appliances, two plastic metal legged chairs and a thoroughly beaten up washer and dryer set.

a trooper putting his gun down so he can wash his dirty clothes
I played my first Flames of War (FoW) game ever and took pictures with the plan of an AAR.  Sadly I didn't know what was going on, my camera sucks, the photographer is even worse,  and the flgs Active Imagination was kind of dark.  Regardless the battle was so chaotic I don't think I could have explained it very well.



Here's what it looked like before everyone died
Some German Anti-aircraft guns that were shooting my infantry as they were attacked by colored cotton

Tanks blew up and disappeared like musical chairs


a blurry pic near the end of the battle, I've managed to kill all my offensive vehicles and spread my infantry all over the place for no good reason


FoW is quite fun, something I didn't expect.  Afterwards, I broke down and bought a FoW starter box set called "Open Fire".

Till next week, when I'll have some Egyptian marine slingers and some more junk.

love,
Baconfat

4 comments:

  1. Great looking Burgundians James. Crazy cool looking furniture - always amazed by your scratch-building. FoW, huh? Haven't tried those rules - sticking with Bolt Action for WW2 (and WW1) for now. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post, love the scratch built appliances - brilliant job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does the hand gunner make oif the appliances ? I think they and the chairs are great. FOW I'm not into, but my son is and I'm not surprised you got into it. The starter sets are seemingly very good value too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These Burgundian units are really nice, great work!

    ReplyDelete